Wednesday, June 8, 2011

maracas

I recently saw a blog where some girl made maracas out of paper miche (sp?) and since i had everything on hand I thought it would be fun to try. I was so excited to try and couldnt wait till the morn, So at BEDTIME one night, i gathered my kids an had a little fun. pics are a little out of order.......


First we blew up some balloons, and then made the paste. it was only a mixture of water and corn syrup. so it was really easy and affordable.


I didnt have any newspaper on hand so i used some scrap computer paper. they turned out fine with this. They actually took longer then i expected to dry though. I finally took them outside to dry for a day since a day in the house didnt to anything. we then took some paint, filled them and glued on some handles. They didnt turn out as pretty as the one that was on the girls blog. but that was mostly my fault. It took forever to dry them and the kids were getting really impatient. I finally just let them paint like crazy. i think they came out pretty cute though. they are sure noisy!!!!!!!

No comments: